Subject: Re: Rapid rewind knob needed for M3
From: Steven Blutter <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:46:47 -0600

Stephen Sherman wrote:

> Looking for an after,market fast rewinding knob for my nr\ewly acquired
> M3.
> Someone on this list said he had a few to sell a few weeks ago. Anyone
> out there remember who it was?
> Thanks!

when i needed one i faxxed all the camera stores that have extesive
leica listings in the back of shutterbug magazine and had one before
lunch.  also try classic camera in london, i believe they have full
listings on their web page (don't know the www......)
good luck!
ps: there are most commonly an 'old' one and a 'new' one.  I prefer the
old because it spins smoother, however i did manage to yank off my
actual nob and had to have leica usa fix it - so be careful, use with
care, don't go whizzing as the original knob was not designed for rough
use (it goes back to the days where static electricity was an issue.
I'm sure some of our fellow, more senior luggers are more knowledgable
about this).