Subject: Re: Screw Mt.,Thanks & Help pls...
From: Steven Blutter <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:17:22 -0600

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Having an inoperative slow gear train will not affect the normal speeds.
> The answer to your question depend entirely on the ansswer to this
> question. Do you intend to use the slow speed? If not, don't bother fixing
> them.
>
> kw
>
> >Luggers,
> >Thanks for the advise on lubricating the focusing (ring?)(screw?) on my
> >old Elmar 50mm collapsable screw mt.  I ended up using waterproof
> >bicycle hub grease, very sparingly and neatly; feels perfect.
> >Now here's the question - the only screw mt. I have is a rangefinder
> >Canon: model Vt delux that has a Leicavit type winder built in.  (It has
> >a great veiwfinder that rotates between 50, 35 or just the rangefinder
> >that is still quite bright.
> >The slow speeds don't work (sim. config. to III's).  Is it worth getting
> >this fixxed? - I know nothing about Canons, being an M-3/CL guy.
> >Yes, lens gives great results, having put it on a 3...
> >thnks yr advise
> >sblutter
>
> ----
> Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
> Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
> 600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423
> <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>

Ken,
thnks your reply, but i do shoot a lot at slow speeds plus its nice
having something fully functional.  i ran the thing into mid-state here
in chicago - hope the estimate is reasonable.  They thought the leicavit
type winder could definately use servicing anyway.  considering the use
that thing gets (no thumb winder) it makes sense...will advise
sblutter