Subject: Re: Astrophotography
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:05:31 -0500

At 10:30 PM 3/12/97 -0600, Colin wrote:
>The adapter would come from Celestron for about $100 bucks maybe.  They
>usually end up in a T-mount. (about $15)  Check with your local
>Celestron dealer.

Nah.  Hal doesn't say what sort of Celestron he has, but if it's one of the
standard Schmidt-Cassegrains, it takes a simple Photo Adapter, which runs
under $30 for the C-5 to C-14 and about $35 or so for the C-90.  A
Tele-Extender would run this much again or more.

I'd suggest checking out the Orion Telescopes Web Page:  they stock all
this stuff, as does Christopher's in Norman, OK.  (And both are Zeiss and
Leica dealers, too.)
Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!