Subject: OFF-TOPIC: Chemistry
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 08:35:25 -0500

I was getting ready to do some colour-negative work the other day and found
I was out of Fomaldehyde to mix up some stabilizer.  No sweat, I says to
meself, I'll just pop in to my friendly pharmacy and buy some.  Well, over
the past three years, EVERY pharmacy and chemical-supply house in Western
Virginia (aka, 'the low mountains') has quit stocking the stuff, as 'no one
uses it any more'.

Can any of you folks in Really Big Cities help me out here?  I'd hate to
have to order a 55-gallon drum from Fisher Scientific:  I only use a couple
of ounces a year.  (Most of my colour work is Ilfochrome.)

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315