Subject: ENOUGH!
From: hartmann@interaccess.com (Nicholas Hartmann)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:39:27 -0600

This list is getting out of hand.

When I first subscribed to LUG about six months ago, I found a great deal
of esoterica about Leica equipment, not all of it useful or interesting.
But I also found that many of the participants were experienced and
knowledgeable - about Leica photographic gear, about photography in
general, and in some cases about life - and most importantly were willing
to share that experience and knowledge.

What I now see every morning is a childish slanging match that has nothing
to do with either photographic equipment or photography. Among the
exceptions to that general tenor was Ian Stanley's message about going out
and actually taking pictures: here is a man with the HIMALAYAS in his back
yard, so to speak, who was so impressed by the experience of going out into
his country that he wanted to share it with us. For someone whose most
sweeping vista takes in a six-lane expressway and occasionally a stationary
freight train, this is heady stuff. I wish I had an opportunity to read
more of it.

So please, why are we wasting time being unpleasant to one another?

Thanks for your time.

- -- Nick

NICHOLAS HARTMANN                               hartmann@interaccess.com
Oak Park, IL  USA                               73057.724@compuserve.com

Technical and scientific translator:  German, French, Italian -> English