Subject: Re: Air war
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:48:42 +0000

On 13 Mar 97 at 10:48, Nowell & Jennifer Creadick wrote:

> I can understand being taken down by a superior wrestler but not by someone
> posting some words on a list like this.  If you get taken down then you are
> letting yourself be taken down....you are losing to nothing.  I have
> learned to use the delete button automatically whenever I see certain posts
> that I know may irritate me and it has made this list much more fun for me.

This is not about *someone* being taken down, but about a list being
taken down, not fysically but quality-wise. How many unsubscribing
members do you need?

> I also take great pride in the American tradition of letting people say
> whatever they want and living with the irritations that causes sometimes.
> Stay Ben....I know many of us have really enjoyed your input...Nowell

As a wise man once said:
"The freedom of speech doesn't mean we have to listen to crap, nor
enforce its distribution."

If you want to discuss everything *but* Leica, then subscribe to
Photoforum or any other generic photo list, or try to find an even
lower S/N ratio and less respect for each other in a newsgroup. But
don't try to transform this list in one of those damned.

- --
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

      The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
     the inability to understand