Subject: Re: ENOUGH!
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Mar 97 19:23:51 EST

Nick wrote 13/3/97

<<Ian Stanley's message about going out and actually taking pictures: here is a
man with the HIMALAYAS in his back yard, so to speak, who was so impressed by
the experience of going out into his country that he wanted to share it with us.
For someone whose most sweeping vista takes in a six-lane expressway and
occasionally a stationary freight train, this is heady stuff. I wish I had an
opportunity to read  more of it.>>>>>

G'day Nick,

Ian created images in the minds eye the likes we haven't seen in here for some
time. And I for one have been trying to get a broader base of conversation in
here about "Leica users and using" on a daily basis, whatever the use is, as I
feel we can all learn something from our experiences described by each other
while out shooting with the Leicas we own as well as various lenses.

<<<<<<<<I wish I had an opportunity to read  more of it.>>>>>>

So would I and not just from Ian, but surely there are more than a couple of us
in here who shoot interesting things at least every few days.  There must be a
wealth of untapped "experience on location" knowledge out there we have never
heard about, nor the younger guys and gals have had the opportunity to be
involved in.

As Leica photographers, certainly the older ones, who have had the good fortune
to shoot all over the place and a zillion different assignments and subjects,
can we not make this more than just bells and bits and pieces of Leica.  Sure
many need and want to  know what lens  has the best resolving power or how to
clean leather body covering.

But surely isn't there room for more of the Ian Stanley type postings in here
that makes us just want to get out and burn film! Isn't that why we work with
and enjoy  these wonderful picture taking Leica machines?

ted grant
Victoria, Canada
http//www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant