Subject: Re: Ilford HC-D
From: Francesco Ricci <ricci@itc.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:23:07 +0100 (MET)

> In looking over the material on Ilford's web page, their HC-D film
> developer looked like it might be a good option for me.  When I asked about
> it at the two stores in town that carry darkroom supplies, neither had even
> heard of it.  Does anyone know anything about the availability of HC-D?  Or
> why it is not available?  Also has anybody had any experience with it?  It
> appears to essentially be a less concentrated version of Ilford HC and
> comes in a smaller container.
>
> I typically shoot Ilford HP5+ (ASA 400, sometimes pushed to 1600) and
> thought the HC-D might be better than D-76, which is what I have been
> using.

I've always touth that Ilfor HC-D is similar to Kodak HC-110. I've used a
lot the combination HP5+ and HC-110. I believe is a very good pair.
HC-110 an be found quite easili both in Europe and in USA.

You might think to use that instead of Ilford HC.

cheers

- -francesco

Francesco Ricci, IRST, Loc. Pante' di Povo, 38050 Trento, Italy
Tel: ++39-461-314334, Fax: ++39-461-302040, email: ricci@irst.itc.it
WWW   http://mnemosyne.itc.it:1024/ricci