Subject: Re: Circulars versus linears Polarising filters
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:37:12 +0000

On 14 Mar 97 at 6:31, Lucien wrote:

> From my own experience, the effect of the linear pola is a little bit more
> noticeable.
>
> Maybe because of the quality of the pola's I'm using?

There is a staggering amount of different polarizing materials
available, so the chance that brand X uses the same basic polizer as
brand Y is nil IMO. That should be the main cause for any difference,
although this 'linear better than circular' thing is quite
persistant, even among some optical experts.
Mmm....I now remember having some quarter- and half-wave plates laying
around somewhere....might do some testing....

- --
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

      The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
     the inability to understand