Subject: Re: A Puzzlement!!! New R 35-70 F4
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Mar 97 22:16:23 EST

Donal Philby wrote:

<<<I find the 35-70 very useful.  In fact, 80-90% of what I do can be done
with that lens.>>>>

Hi Donal,

I found that also. And once I had the lens I discovered I was using it far more
than I had anticipated and to-day probably like you, close to 90%.

I certainly would like to have a faster 2 or 2.8 and yes probably 35mm -- 90mm
or if they are going to make a major improvement, get wild and go 28-90 f.2!
Sure it would be a bit heavy, but getting the picture certainly off-sets weight
and cost factor.

Don't understand why the R&D people at Leica don't ask guys like us who work in
the field with them, what would be useful and practical, rather than the folks
in Solms thinking, "what would be nice!" And nearly always making mistakes! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant