Subject: Re: Flash fill ratio? Metz 40Mz and Leica R8
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Mar 97 22:16:25 EST

Donal Philby wrote:
<<<<<It can be a no brainer.  A bit of test roll will tell all.  Start with
minus 1.7.  That should give you a barely noticed fill.  But test at 1,
1.3 and 2 and even 3 down.>>>>>>>

OK, I'll have a go at it to-morrow and see what I can come-up with. God I feel
like an absolute rookie, but I'll follow your wisdom and I know it'll work.

<<<<<So once you get a little experience, you can up or down the compensation to
get the feel you want.  It really helps, often, to get the flash off the camera
on an extension cord.>>>>>>

I'm sure once I hammer through a few rolls very carefully as tests, I'll become
more at ease when I use it for real time shooting. However it is so foreign to
my way of picture taking, I think it's more of that making me feel uneasy rather
than the actual mystique of the flash settings.

Thanks very much.

ted

Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant