Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC-Focusing Screen cleaning
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:43:45 +0000

Greetings,

The top surface of a focusing screen is just like a len, although I
doubt it has any coating on it.

I frequently change the screen on my Canon F-1's, so they get finger
prints on them all the time. I have both old and new Canon F-1's and
I just put the screen under warm water in the kitchen sink with dish
detergent. I wash them by hand just as I would wash a beer mug! Then
blow them dry. No problem at all. If you use hot enough water, they
will air dry in seconds.

Peter Jon White