Subject: lenses under UV
From: db <boise@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 21:37:25 -0500

>>Someone mentioned recently keeping his/her glass in a box, under
ultraviolet light. To keep the fungus away. I'm sure it works for
this end but what about the plastic or rubber parts if the lens has
any? Should make them brittle I think.<<

I made the reference to ultraviolet light but not with the intention of
storing a lens under such light constantly.  Someone else mentioned storing
lenses in a cabinet with a standard 40 or 60 watt bulb but not ultraviolet
light as a constant source.  My reference to ultraviolet light was only to
periodically subject a lens to such light to kill fungus.  Perhaps
something on the order of once a week for an hour or so.

Don