Subject: M/R
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:00:32 -0600

LUGGERS:

I imagine that this is a dumb question, however, during the years I have
noticed that many use M cameras for B&W and R cameras for color.  At least,
I have noticed many mentioning using M cameras for B&W and haven't noticed
any particular mention in regard to the R's.  AMOF, it seems whenever Leica
Fotografie has a B&W article it is with M cameras.  Is there some reason for
this inherent in the lens quality of the M as compared with the R, or what?

I have shot mostly color (chromes) with both the M and R cameras and lenses
and havn't seen any differences, however, it has been a long time since I
shot B&W.

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK