Subject: What to wear with a Leica
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:00:53 -0500

>Michael, just curious .... why no jeans or shorts>

I was simply trying to make the point that to be unobtrusive when doing
street shooting, you need to dress inconspiciously.  In downtown Tokyo
in summer that would mean a pair of dress slacks, loafers and an open
necked white shirt.  In downtown Brisbane I'd be comfortable in shorts,
sandles and a loud sports shirt. :-)

Hiking in the country, almost any country, I'll dress for comfort and
practicality, which includes a photo vest, Tilley hat, or whatever.  But
in cities I try an scope out what a middle aged businessman on his day
off would wear, and to dress accordingly.

At the risk of annoying the LUG topic police, I feel that since the M
Leica as well as earlier SM models are street cameras par excellance,
how one carries them and uses them might be of as much interest to other
LUGnuts as more arcane technical issues.

Cheers.
Michael H. Reichmann
E-mail:	michael.reichmann@alphanet.net