Subject: Re: What Have I Got? (leica carrying case)
From: Arthur Wouk <awouk@nilenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:10:09 -0700

one suggestion, that this is related to the binoculars fails the first
test: i never heard of binoculars with different barrel sizes for the
two sides, and which disassembled for storage. i may be wrong!:-)

the second suggestion, below is much closer. the location for the
three film spools is exact. but my case lacks any space in which we
could place a camera body. i tried with my I(C) and it doesn't fit
anywhere. however, in the place where the ETGUS has a camera, i have
storage spaces for what i now think are two lenses. one accepts the
elmar 35mm perfectly, and the focusing knob has a place  to keep the
lens in place!. the other such place may have been fro a much fatter
lens whose length would not be very large, about 1.5 inches at most.

i had not thought of other lenses besides the thin elmar 9cm and the
hektor or elmar 13.5cm as filling the major spaces. the ideas about
the other, to me legendary lenses (i have never seen them), makes a
lot of sense. my imarect finder does not fit the place the ETGUS kept
the vidom in, but i can see a vidom fitting that space. so i can
assume that this is an accessory and lens carrying case, to be used in
conjunction with a camera carried in its own leather case, around the
neck! the discrepancy in depth between my example (2.75") against the
ETGUS(3.75") may explain why mine cannot hold a camera body, while the
ETGUS can!

i find the suggestion of a film template for the spring loaded holder
very reasonable.

i picked this up in my collecting years, and never could figure out
what many of the slots and holes in it were for.