Subject: Re: R8's Multi-Pattern Metering, R7 questions
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Mar 97 11:04:31 EST

Mike Gardner wrote:

<<<< So, my question is, in your opinion and experience, what are the strengths
and weaknesses of the R7? Have they been a satisfactory tool for you?>>>>>>>

Hi Mike,

The R7 is an excellent tool and I have worked with three of them and am phasing
them out as the other R8's arrive, 2 more to come. But not until there are
motors for them.

Your right in looking at the R7 now, as I have seen some good prices for them
with the R8 arrival on the market.

None of mine ever gave me any grief and I worked them hard shooting on locations
and at events as, Olympics, politcal campaigns, magazine photo stories and
documentaries on commercial fishing boats and producing a book on the medical
profession.

Excellent metering. I rarely used any other meter than in the camera and
switched back and forth from spot to overall integrated readings, quite often
for bracketing.

You sure wont be sorry buying one and with your motor to drive it, you'll be a
real happy camper with it! :)

If you'd like to see some material shot with mine,  have a peak at my web page,
address below.

ted
Victoria,Canada
http//www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant