Subject: Leica photography with feeling
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:59:27 -0500

Fellow LUGers,
The April issue of Shutterbug magazine has an article about
Joel Meyerowitz and his Tuscany travel workshop.  Mention is made of
paring down equipment and shooting the moment with a Leica.  A couple of
Leica photos shown.  For those who don't have access to the magazine,
a quick quote from participant Rick Grossman, a Boston photographer:
"I became weaned from my Canon with the zoom lens.  In Italy I was
shooting almost exclusively with the Leica 35mm and very happily.
...It became second nature to use the Leica even with its limitations
because the lens was so much better....It's like a third eye. I rarely
missed a shot....Most important, framing the shot became a physical
thing rather than automatic." (SHUTTERBUG, April 1997 "A Modern
Renaissance" article by Rosalind Smith)
Quote in same article from Joel Meyerowitz: "If you can feel it, you
can take a picture of it."

Hoping for a new peaceful discourse,
Mike Gardner