Subject: Spring's here
From: wteeters@amug.org (Wilber J. Teeters)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 19:07:46 -0700 (MST)

Last Saturday was the Teddy Bear Picnic on the amphitheater lawn of the
Civic Center, a great opportunity to work with a venerable lens. The Hektor
73mm was brought back from WW2 by nobody I knew and was a pawn in a divorce
case involving the merest of acquaintances and had been stored in a car
trunk -- a very poor place to keep a lens in Phoenix. Leitz cleaned it up
pretty well and I found an equally venerable finder with the 73mm position.
The negatives look terrific. It's a shame my darkroom equipment is being
stored (in a cool place!).
Lenses should never be abused, but fortunately they can often be saved by
skilled craftsmen. The picnic was a hoot. Had a fine band which worked well
with children, but I think the Elvis impersonator doing just the King's
teddy bear song might have been a little before most of the youngsters. But
a  terrific time was had by all.  Sure love the IIIf.

Cheers,
WJT

                                              -