Subject: Re: morality, few messages, Fallacious Argument, WAKE UP!
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 97 12:01:08 -0800

>From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
>Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 22:35:10 -0800
>... You guys are falling into the Oddmund black hole yet again. ...

I can't disagree with you more.

Oddmund's posting to the list was neither inflammatory, personally
intended, nor off topic. He expressed an opinion, that's all. Some folks
choose to discuss it at some length, which has been an interesting
conversation to read. I've withheld my comments as I'm not yet certain I
can articulate my thoughts on the subject to my satisfaction.

Why you choose to attack Oddmund personally I cannot understand. You
might disagree with the sentiment he expresses, or his way of expressing
it, or the validity of the conversation which ensued as germaine to the
charter of the LUG list, but I see no reason to attack a person for his
genuine opinion, or to attack others for their desire to discuss it. If
it is so abhorrent to you, why don't you just use the delete key and
ignore it?

I'm finding people's ideas quite interesting and thoughtful. The
conversation is getting a little long in the tooth but until your post
had not become a source of personal invective.

Godfrey