Subject: Re: "Fogging" Leica lenses 50-60's
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:03:33 -0500

Marc James Small wrote:

<Give it a rest.  I have spoken with the same folks about a DIFFERENT
aspect
<of Leica lens construction, and all deny that your 'fogging' problem
<exists.  Just plain give it a rest.

<Leica lenses of the '50's have a moist-coating problem.  That's it.  Other
<than that, Leitz lenses are as durable or more than those of any other
<make.  Period.  That's been my experience and the experience OF EVERY
<PERSON WITH WHOM I'VE DISCUSSED THIS, OTHER THAN YOU.

I have to say that a I have seen fogging problem with several Elmar 50mm3,5
M, Elmar 90mm F4 both fix and collapsing, summicron 50mm and summarit
50mm.(mid 50's to 62)

I am always very cautious before buying one.

Lucien