Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #421
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:45:48 EST

Good Day Everyone!!!!

Apologies for my spelling atrocity.

Uh--No--er-- I meant to say "FLOURITE" -- a compound made of wheat flour
and colgate toothpaste.  Leitz used in in the 1950's and 60's as a
coating emulsion to evade the Zeiss coating patents.

PJW and I are using it in the development of our first auxiliary
objective for the M Minimum Mumbo -- The Mumbo-Jumbo, which is a
multi-coated, Apochromatic meniscus. 1000mmf0.95.

I have typed the word f-l-u-o-r-i-t-e 1000 times now, Jack, but I may
spell it wrong in the future just to annoy you.

In reality, I am far too overconfident in my "mastery" of this language
we share, to ever use a spell-checker.

Beat me, flog me, kill me dead!!!!

Thomas P. Myro
Photology@juno.com