Subject: Re: Noctilux Question
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Mar 97 18:45:36 EST

Richard Clompus, OD   wrote:
West Chester,
Pennsylvania, USA

<<<<<My question is this:  Is the weight of this lens a problem if the camera is
to be carried around a bit? Does it change the entire balance of the camera
and cause the front of the camera to point down when carried?>>>>

Quick answer Richard! Yep it makes the camera point down when you are carrying
it on your shoulder or around your neck. Can't help it, as it's a heavy lens!
But heavy is in the eye of the holder! I've used mine since they came out and i
just handle it like any other lens I'm working with. You just become used to
it's size and weight.  Do not be detered in buying by the weight, it really
isn't that bad as some may lead you to believe.

The decision is this:

A/ do you have the money to buy it? If yes, get it! If you don't like it you can
always sell it! :)

B/ do you want to use an absolutely incredible lens to give you pictures others
can't unless they have one also.

ted

However the weight works in your favour, as it is easier to hold it steadier on
slow speeds, than holding a feather weight 35mm Summilux 1.4.