Subject: Re: Leica M wedding photography
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 09:46:28 -0500

I find M cameras entirely appropriate for the type of wedding photography
you are asking about. When I do this type of work I usually take my 35, 50
and 90 for most of the work. since my wife is there to load and watch the
equipment I often take my 21 Super-Angulon and 135 as well.

If the wedding is dimmly lit I may use a 283 vivitar flash, but prefer to
use a tripod and shoot without flash whenever possible.

If the couple has indicated that they may wish to have some very large
prints I also take along my old Koni-Omega for shooting those shots.

The only "peculiarity" of using M cameras is one shared by my Koni-Omegas.
Since there is almost delay between shutter button push and shutter
release, you get what your shooting for rather than something that happens
later. Also, when using flash, you get to see if your subject's eyes are
open.

Back when I did weddings professionally I always used rangefinder cameras
for these reasons, alson with the fact that they can be focused quickly in
near darkness.

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>