Subject: Re: Leica bashing on usenet groups.
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Mar 97 11:59:34 EST

<<<<<<<The number of 100 milliseconds that I quoted related to non-autofocus
SLR's.
The Leica-R exposes approximately 90 milliseconds after pressing the button,
they are between the fastest non-autofocus SLR's on the market.

The time parrallax of autofocus reflex camera's is far more than 100
milliseconds and depends on autofocus system and lensconstruction. Delays of
150 - 250 milliseconds are usual.>>>>>>

Hey guys I'm sorry I guess I'm really stupid or something. But could someone
explain to me what the delay in the camera has to do with the Gold medal winner
crossing the finish line of the 100 meter final at the Olympics ? :)

This is interesting all the techie stuff, as in all my years I never thought
about how long it took for my mind to transfer to my finger to push the release
to how long it takes the camera to go click and whether I would miss the shot or
not.

Or is the shutter release time crutial to capturing the Gold Medal runner, who
takes approximately 9.79 secs to run the 100 meters.

Confusing? Could someone enlighten me? Thanks a bunch.  And please use real time
picture taking and not theoretical. thankyou.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant