Subject: Re: NO SUBJECT/shutter response
From: Bill Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 00:59:03 -0800

Harrison McClary wrote:

> There is no doubt that there is a delay in the responsiveness in one
> camera over another, just as one person's reflexes are better than
> anothers.  What I think Ted was getting at is that when you shoot
> anything using the same system you get accustomed any delays inherent in
> the equipment and your mind automatically adjusts for these delays.
>
> Lets be realistic here, the delay from you mind telling you to press the
> shutter release to when it happens is greater that the mechanical delay
> we are talking about.  This is where ANTICIPATION comes into play.....

We seem to be in agreement despite ourselves, Harrison. I noted that
anticipation is what it's all about in my first posting on this subject.
My point was simply to support another's assertion that a delay exists,
and that it can vary by different cameras -- even within one brand.  You
don't have to be a techie to recognize that the response of the shutter
trigger in Leica Ms is faster than most. That is just one of the reasons
it is such a joy to use.

Bill Welch