Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Apr 97 19:36:26 EDT

Wilber J. Teeters wrote:

<<<<I find the comet intriguing and I'm by no means a photographer of the
nightskies. Now that my eyesight seems to be failing at a more accelerated rateI
believe that observing the surf, the falls at Yosemite, new buds on thetrees,
children at play and seniors playing shuffleboard, and yes, even the heavens is
rewarding beyond belief.>>>>>>>

Wilber,

I'm with you big time on your comment! :)  As too many people go through life
using their eyes merely to avoid kicking garbage cans or banging into telephone
poles, and they miss the simplest of things that  can bring joy and never
ceasing wonder in their lives!

My tired old eye (only have one and it's giving me a bit of problem) has seen
enough for a dozen men and I never stop being amazed at the beauty of the world
and appalled by the same. But as long as I can make out what's happening I'll be
satisfied to see and enjoy life and whatever it may put before my Leica.  Maybe
I'll have to pray they come out with some form of auto focus in the future when
it gets too difficult to focus the image on the ground glass.

Until then it's keep taking pictures for the enjpy ment of shooting evrything
that gives me motivation to shoot! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

But it is such an interesting thing this comet and the skies above, particularly
if you are out in the country and away from the distracting of city lighting.