Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: JayPax@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

<< Hi Jay,

 Sorry my friend you'll have to ask my R8! :)  I just squeezed the shutter
 release and let it do it's thing. Honest that's exactly what I did, that's
why I
 use Leica's. :)

Ted:

So it sounds like you like the new beast!

I picked up the British Photo Magazine this week "Practical Photography"
since it had a review of the R8.   It seems to be an Anglicised version of
PopPhoto, aparrently aimed at the amateur/tyro.  The reviewer was generally
positive, saying that the R8, was solidly built, etc., but whined that Leica
was just now incorporating features into the R8 that the Japanese
incorporated into their top SLRs 20 years ago.  Bells and whistles don't make
great photographs. They still just don't get it in my opinion!

JayPax@aol.com