Subject: Re: Konica releases the Hexar Lens for M mount in Japan
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 19:33:47 +0900

Gerard,

Both lenses are rangefinder coupled; distance and aperture rings turn
the same direction as on Leice lenses. =20

I haven't seen any independent reviews of the Hexar lens, and since it
is no longer available we're unlikely to see any soon.  I may have
been wrong on the mount configuration, by the way, as the article
shows an M-mount lens as a prototype and a screw-mount lens as the
final version. =20

The only review I've seen of the Ricoh GR lens does not compare any
results to Leica glass.  It says that the lens is surprisingly (in the
reviewer's opinion) sharp and contrasty, even wide open.  Color
balance was not specifically mentioned.  He likes the compact size; he
thought the aperture ring was a little stiff and should have been
smoother.  He said he'd get one as soon as they were available.

=46or those who aren't familiar with the GR1, the lens (in its Leica
incarnation) uses a 7-element, 4-group aspherical construction.  The
inner surface of the first and seventh element are aspherical.  F-
stops are 2.8-16; it has a 10-bladed diaphragm for "boke"-happy
Japanese tastes.  It takes 40.5mm threaded filters; dimensions are
listed as 49.6mm wide x 21.2mm long.  Unfortunately no weight is
listed.    =20

Regards,

PB
=20

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:45:58 +0200, captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
wrote:

>Do these lenses have rangefinder coupling? Do the distance- and aperture
>rings turn in the same direction as the ones on Leica lenses? Same =
rendering
>of colors (coating)?=20
>
>Gerard Captijn,
>Geneva, Switzerland.