Subject: Ted's daffodils
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:55:11 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:
> So my assistant has been driving the car and I've been shooting a huge bed of
> flowers along side a road as we drive by shooting at slow shutter speeds, 1/30th
> and 1/15 for the "wild side" look.
>
> I've done a lot of this "swishy pan" stuff at the Olympics so I wondered what it
> might look like on flowers.
 Ted:

Try doing multiple exposures on one frame.  Stop down 5 stops and expose
32 times on same frame.  Both handheld or tripod.  very painterly.  I
did this with palm fronds and flowers for a resort hotel brochure
recently and got rave reviews.  Plus stock agency kept most of them.

Boy does an F3 and motor drive make a racket, though.

Donal Philby
San Diego