Subject: Re: Hologon!
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:27:03 +0000

On 15 Apr 97 at 23:18, Willem-Jan Markerink wrote:

> > This is a 16mm lens and not 15mm.  The older 15mm Hologon was produced in
> > Leica M mount -- the only non-Leitz lens to ever be so honoured with the
> > approval of Wetzlar and vetted for full use on the M cameras -- but is now
> > a rare collector's jewel.
>
> If not restricted to M lenses, then the Schneider 35mm PC-Curtagon
> (and current 28mm?) fits the Leitz-approval class too.
> Sorry for the nitpick; I just finished two new chapters on my
> homepage, one overview on tilt/shift lenses and one on
> fisheyes, both for 35mm and medium format. So I just had to
> nitpick....;-))
> In relation to fisheyes: in my research I learned that the Minolta
> 16mm was considered equal to the Leica 16mm. I know about the
> interlinking between the two companies, but were these lenses
> indeed designed in a time of close cooperation?

Someone mentioned that I foolishly forgot to mention the URL of those
overviews:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mainpage.htm

Sorry, and have fun!

- --
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

      The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
     the inability to understand