Subject: Re: M3 price
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 08:52:47 -0400

The price sounds great, given today's market.

732719 is a 1955 M3 DS, no PV, no DOF scale.  This is the least valuable of
the M3 line -- the most valuable are the 'first 10,000' followed by the
very late SS.  However, a lot of users find the DS's are a tad more rugged
than the SS.  I've owned 'em both, and didn't see the difference, but I
will concede that any M3 is a tank of a camera -- tough, rugged, and reliable.

One note of concern:  I would rather have a camera with dents but superb
innards than a camera with no dents but a heavily worn inside.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315