Subject: NoSpam in address...
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:35:10 -0600 (MDT)

>what does the nospam in your name do for you - i'm staring to get a lot
>of stupid adverts...
>does that help?
>thanks
>\sb

You can configure your browser or your mail program with a user name and
email address that is different from your real ID. The change can be as
simple as one character. Folks are out there stripping email addresses out
of newsgroups and listserve lists and using them to compile bulk mailing
lists. By changing your return address, you foil their attempts at marketing
to you via email.

I have a question that I've wanted to ask for a while: has anyone here ever
bought anything, product or service, from an unsolicited email pitch? I have
not.

,/8^|