Subject: Re: Leica M7
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:37:08 -0700

> db wrote:>
> > It never ceases to amaze me that people claim the M6 is an obsolete camera.
> >  It is not obsolete if you consider its function and attributes.

It doesn't amaze me.  While the M6 is a fine camera, it is lacking a lot
of features which other cameras  make standard.

From a marketing standpoint, Leica has really taken advantage and abused
its position of being the ONLY professional 35 RF camera.  (sorry G1/2
fans, I don't think it has enough lenses to qualify as a pro system.)

Without competition from Nikon and Canon to push them on, Leica
leadership just stopped producing new designs in RF bodies--for the last
13 years!.

Leica management has been sitting on their butts too long as far as the
M bodies are concerned.  New up to date designs are LONG overdue in my
opinion.

Stephen Gandy