Subject: Re: Leica M7
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:39:46 -0800

db wrote:>
> It never ceases to amaze me that people claim the M6 is an obsolete camera.
>  It is not obsolete if you consider its function and attributes.

db,

What has changed for many of us that make a living in photography is
that the expectations (both photographer's and client's) have changed.
Flash fill is one of those.  There are many professional uses I would
like to make of M cameras that I cannot, mostly because of slow sync
speed (I could use vivitar 285 and manually do flash fill, but still
need the higher sync speed).  I fact I have to leave after this post to
do an advertising job I would love to do with M.  But have you ever
tried to use a silver reflector in someone's face?

I would love to have an RF camera where I can see the fill flash and see
the person's expression at the moment of exposure.

Just for me, an M6X please, with 250 sync and maybe a ttl flash meter.

Donal Philby
San Diego