Subject: Re: Nikonos V & metering
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:40:54 +0545 (+0545)

At 10:40 AM 97-04-22 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>just an observation. I just got a Nikonos V underwater camera with the 35mm
>standard lens. The shutter release is extremely quiet, much more so than the
>M6. I was thinking perhaps this camera may also be considered for candid
>photography (in the rain possible). Is there any explanation for the
>quietness of the Nikonos as compared to the M- leica??
>
>--adisoon

Hello Adi,

        A good friend of mine used a Nikonos V for photographing Native
Indians in northeren Canada while they were being interviewed.  He found it
to be very quiet and unobtrusive although the colours did seem to put some
people off.  I think it would a great camera for working in severe climates
as well.

        The note on estimating metering may have been mine.  Send me either
a mailing address or a fax number and I will get a copy of the whole article
to you.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal