Subject: Re: OLYMPUS MJU II (in Europe)
From: <cyberdog@unicall.be>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 97 21:48:01 +0100

The Olympus Mju II got very good test results in Chasseur d'images (March
1997), and it also came out as best of category in "Buying Cameras" (UK
comparative magazine).
My brother is using the Olympus Mju I (with 35 mm f/3.5 lens), much to
his satisfaction.

The price of the Mju II is very low indeed (6.500 BEF, 185 USD tax
included), which gives it an excellent price/performance ratio.

However, I bought a Nikon 35 Ti in 1994 and have been more than satisfied
with its results: very sharp pictures (35 mm f/2.8), good exposure
(Nikon's unsurpassed matrix meting is a boon for P&S cameras), and many
manual adjustments possible (focusing, aperture priority if you wish so).
The flash fill-in function works superbly (Nikon's 3D metering which can
also be found in the F90x and F5). A top performer.

I would really choose again for the Nikon 35 Ti, or for the Leica Minilux
(which did not exist in 1994). The results are comparable to the quality
one is expecting from top of range lenses for SLR's or Leica M.
Personally, but this is a matter of taste, I do not like the Contax or
Minolta brands.

Pascal
Belgium

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh
This message was sent using a Macintosh PowerBook and Claris Em@iler