Subject: Re: adapter for slide projector
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 15:49:56 -0500

At 10:56 1997-04-23 -0400, you wrote:
>	Sometime back there was a discussion on this list of an adapter for
>using a Leitz slide projector lens on a Kodak Carosel projector.  Does
>anyone know of a source for this adapter and any further info?
>	I would also solicit comments on the P150 projector. I'm
>considering buying one but I'm slighty put off by the small tray capacity.
>
>		Thanks in advance.

Robert,

I have a Leitz Pradolux RT-300 projector and used to have a Kodak Ektagraph
projector.  The Colorplan 2.5/90 CF lens comes with a sleeve, #37133.  The
RT-300 was made by Singer and used Carosel trays.  The colorplan lens and
sleeve also fit  the Ektagraph.  I notice in the most recent Leica Handbook,
they list several sleeves - the one for 35mm-120mm (dia. 42.5 mm) is
numbered #37119.  If you can find a lens with the sleeve, or a sleeve for
the lens, you might haul your Carosel down and see how it fits.  I'd sell
you mine, but then my Leica lens wouldn't fit the RT-300.  I now also have a
Pradovit 2002P, and BTW both the Colorplan-P CF 2.5/90 and Super-Colorplan-P
2.5/90 fit the above sleeve, so I assume that the I.D. is 42.5mm.  I had to
cut back the 2.5/90 Colorplan CF lens used on the RT-300 about 5/16ths (took
off the focusing tube and did it on a lathe) so that it would focus properly
with the Ektagraph on a 70x70 screen.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK