Subject: Re: Sugar Spills, Water spills, Oddmund after all.....
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:27:24

>>>Oddmund Wrote:
>>> The next day the ring was like welded. I tried to clean up
>>> with a Q-tip and alcohol. No way, no possibility of unblocking it!

>> Duane wrote:
>>A well placed drop of a sugary drink can incapacitate most any
>>electronic camera,

>Jim Brick wrote:
>I was going to leave this one alone but I have some real experience.
> Most liquids if spilled on to an electronic
>circuit and allowed to dry, will not incapacitate the circuit. Water with
>stuff in it is a much better conductor. Ions free to travel around and all
>that stuff.

Jim:

In electronics, one of the biggest sources of failure is water. Not pure
water, but water with plant fertilizer in it.   People love to put plants
on top of their amplifiers and computers (yup!) and then they over water
them.  While pure water seldom caused a problem, the fertilizer actually
eats the leads of transisitors, resisitors and chips!

The moral:  Never leave your M6 or R8 under your plant stand!

David Young          |  Many hands make light work.
Victoria, CANADA     |  Too many cooks spoil the broth.
youngs@IslandNet.co  |  I'm confused....