Subject: Shattered Reputation?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:40:28 -0800

LUGnuts:

Recently I posted two questions and neither got a response.  Maybe they
were wrapped in anecdotes and you missed them.  Could it be that no one
knows???? That would shatter the reputation of this board as a fountain
of information and (occasionally) wisdom.

So I will pose them again, sans anecdotes, and see what happens.

Does the R8 only allow film to be loaded with the auto loader, or is
there a way to do positive manual leader feed, like on the R7?  The
question grew out of fighting to load an Nikon N90 in the downdraft of a
helicopter.

What makes the R8 finder SSSOOOOOOOO BRIGHT?????  What controls finder
brightness beyond the speed of the attached lens?  Compare the finder of
an R8 and a Nikon F5 and you will know why Nikon has to concentrate on
AF.

Donal Philby
San Diego