Subject: Re: Fuji Astia
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:12:13 -0800

George,

When to a Fuji presentation on Tuesday to see new film.

As usual at one of these things, they had rolls of competing films laid
out side by side to compare.  Amazing how close they all are.  But as to
Astia:

It is almost a dead match to E100s (which is the film that caused them
to create Astia).  The only real differences I could see was slightly
better shadow detail.  Fuji people said it was also finer grain, but
that was not visible.

But almost more important was see their new duplicating film, CDU.

Very impressive in color and also in sharpness.  I didn't see that sort
of muddiness of all other dupe films I've seen/used.

Robert Burroughs, also here on list, was there too.  Maybe he has
further/different reaction.

Donal Philby
San Diego