Subject: Re: UO2(NO3)2*6H2O
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 23:56:08 -0400

At 10:37 PM 23-04-97 -0700, you wrote:
>For those of you that were interested, I found some. Anybody still
>interested in making uranium toner, I found a source of uranyl nitrate
>[UO2(NO3)2*6H2O]. It's $74.30 per ounce. $218.45 for 125 g. It's a little
>steep but I can get it if you want some. e-mail me privately.
>
>Jim

Thats sounds rediculously high.  Uranium is not a very rare element.   Why
should Uranyl Nitrate cost so much?  When I was an undergraduate, I can
recall seeing a bottlle of the stuff in one of my physics labs.  It wasn't
treated any differantly than other of the  chemicals that were there, but
based on the above price, that bottle must have been worth about $1,000!

Dan C.