Subject: Re: Batteries - Help!
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:14:54 -0500

>Steven Blutter wrote:
>>
>> ok gang - you've got me completely confused about batteries...
>>
>> will my mr-4 meters be obsolete?(and lunasix)
>> can they be recalibrated for these px-13A's i've seen?
>>
>> can someone from europe send me some of the old ones (i have friends all
>> over)
>>
>> what's the story?  - i've been getting this in drips and drabs for a few
>> weeks
>>
>> thnks
>> steven blutter
>

>Steven,
>
>There are a couple of strategies I know of to handle this problem.  The
>first is to modify the circuit.  (I have an MR4 which now uses an
>alkaline 625.  The previous owner had sent it to Leica for the
>modification.)  The second is an adaptor into which one places a silver
>battery and the output is that of the old merc's.  (I had purchased such
>a device for my Luna Pro.)
>
>Henry

Hi Henry: Please indicate info (name and supplier + cost) on adapter for
Lunasix and which silver battery is to be used. I have Lunasix, MR 4 meters
as well and SL 2 Leica, they take the mercury PX 625 and I bought a few,
wrapped and taped them up and keep in fridge (not freezer). Thanx -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128