Subject: Re: 90 summicron and viso 2.
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 01:39:27 -0400

>>I heard somewhere that if I put my 90/f2 summicron on my viso 2, and set the
>>distance on the lens to its minimum, I can use it up close, i did this and
>>when I am about 6 inces away, all seems in focus.  You think it will work on
>>film.  Thanks, Hal
>>

>>        Hal Robinson
>>        sparky16@ix.netcom.com
>>        Columbia, South Carolina

If you have the latest compact F2.0/90 M Summicron and are mounting it on
the Viso 2 you will
 achieve focus in very close range only, as you found: it'll work. The
thickness of the Viso acts as an extension-tube, thus prohibiting infinity
focus in that configuration.
The older,bulky Summicron in M or SM (except the very first Canadian
version) allowed to unscrew the lenshead from the rangefinder-coupled long
mount and  with a  16462 short mount it focussed from infinity down to 1: 9
ratio. Add the 14127 Simulator adapterand this combo will then fit on
Leica- Reflex models as well. Finally Leitz had a preset short-mount S'cron
90 version specifically for Viso 2/3.
I even use it with a custom-made adapter on my Nikon Reflexes  (may mjs
forgive me!).  Leitz subscribed to the Lego-set philosophy very early on
with innumerable adapters.  -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128