Subject: IROOA lens hood & DR Summicron
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 17:48:32 -0400

I just bought myself a DR Summicron for my M6.  Accompanying the lens was a
IROOA lens hood which seems to differ somewhat in appearance to a diagram I
see in the Leica Accessory Guide (Hove books).  The diagram shows a hood
with a bit more depth to it than the one I have.  Mine has what looks like a
functionaless black metal retaining ring screwed into the forn of it.  The
way mine appears on the lens, it doesn't seem to offer much in the way of
'shading'.  Is there a missing component?   By the way, the hood is marked
"Summaron 3.5 cm Summicron 5 cm"

Incidently, is there a supplier of cases for the eyes?

Thanks

Dan C.