Subject: Re: IROOA lens hood & DR Summicron
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 17:31:45 -0400

At 02:23 PM 04-05-97 -0400, Marc wrote:
>At 05:48 PM 5/3/97 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
>>I just bought myself a DR Summicron for my M6.  Accompanying the lens was a
>>IROOA lens hood which seems to differ somewhat ...[snip]
>

>This isn't an IROOA/12571 at all:  it's an ITDOO, the earlier incarnation.

Sorry, but what I have is definetly NOT the ITDOO.  It IS an early IROOA, as
per pg 106 (illustration on page 107) of "Leica Accessory Guide", Hove Photo
Books.  Except that mine appears very thin and appears useless as a lens
shade, except perhaps for a 35mm lens.  I am also wondering about the
function of the thin ring that screws into the opening of the hood.

Thanks

Dan C.