Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 May 97 19:12:13 EDT

Tina wrote:

<<Please remind yourself that if you have moved peoples' emotions with your
photographs, you have succeeded.  The next step is up to them, not you.  Please
continue your work - best wishes.  Tina>>>>>>

Thank you Tina and to a few others who mailed private with very meaningful
words.  Very much needed at times.

To those of you who feel and felt the last few days of posts pertaining to what
we  do with our pictures and on our assignments has nothing to do with Leicas,
you are sadly mistaken.

It has everything to do with Leicas!

As the camera, whether you believe it or not, is the catalyst that drives some
of us to do what we do.  Much like our brethren before us who most in here
admire of their work illustrating the humanities or inhumanities of the planet.

There aren't any f stops, or focal lengths involved in what we post, but what we
talk about is part of a learning experience for those of you who also carry our
wonderful Leica picture taking machines. To value what you have in your hands,
maybe just a little bit more..

Please bear with us at times as there are moments when we suffer from the
emotional strain of what we have seen and done.

Thank you for your patience.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant