Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: "hendrik.korthaus" <hendrik.korthaus@cww.de>
Date: Sun, 4 May 97 22:45:43 +0200

Tina wrote:
>Ted:  Please don't be so hard on yourself.  You have no idea how your
>photographs have ultimately affected the lives of those who have seen them.
>As far as you know, people have viewed them and gone on with their lives;
>however, I'll guarantee you that some people have been affected and that
>their memories of your pictures will prompt them to make changes in their
>lives.  You may never know this but you have to believe that the influence
>of your photos is spreading like ripples in a pond.  You were there in
>Chernobyl for a reason.  I can certainly understand your bitterness.  I
>often feel the same way. Please remind yourself that if you have moved
>peoples' emotions with your photographs, you have succeeded.  The next step
>is up to them, not you.  Please continue your work - best wishes.  Tina

Tina, I completly agree with your opion! Photos are one small way to
change a little bit in ones mind!. Just a little bit, but it is one step
further. I can understand all the bitternis, of course! When we have a
look at the world around us, we see that isn't perfect. And we know we
can't change the whole world. But just a little bit... Everyone in his /
her own way. Maybe with our Leicas, maybe not. Sometimes we move more
then we expect! And sometimes there are little changes in our world. Even
if it is only O N E starfish.
Tina, I looked at some of your photos! I think you found your personal
way. Congratulation!

And Ted, I think you have already done something for this world. I know
this frustrating feeling. Sometime people are more set in motion then say
can show us!

And to be on-topic: Are LU people who care more about the world than
others?

Best wishes
Hendrik