Subject: Re: So you want to change the world with your Leica
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 06 May 97 16:01:04 EDT

Duane Birkey wrote:   <<<If people don't know how they can help in a  far off
place, they won't help at all.>>>>>

Hi Daune,

I'd do the volunteer bit if I can find someone to use me. I wont pay my way to
the location and return, however other than that, I'll spring for all the rest
of my costs and make material available to whichever organization it is.

I offered to do a shoot in India a few years ago for a well known eye group and
despite my track record as a well published photojournalist and supplying them
with material of my tribute to Sir William Osler and the medical profession, I
was told "we have some here who likes taking pictures and he is the President!"

Upon receiving their brochures illustrating the work of the "likes to take
pictures President", the guy should have stuck to being the president and some
else to shoot their promotion material.

So I'm still open to volunteer my time, materials and survival during any stay
for a volunteer group. As I say the only thing I wont pay for is the cost of
getting there and getting home.

Do you have any takers?  If you or any others wish to see some photos from my
latest book, please look at my web page.
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

And I use all Leica equipment! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada