Subject: Re: So you want to change the world with your Leica
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 08:49:48 -0800

BIRKEY, DUANE wrote:

> With a bit of effort, anybody can make a difference.  Sorry this is
> drifting a bit off subject.

Duane,

Thanks for the inspiration.  Quite frankly, I think all this is drifting
ONTO subject.

Indeed, that our photography changes the photographer may be the most
overlooked quality of photojournalism.  I've never particularly been on
a crusade to change the world, but I've wanted people to experience what
I've experienced or to just open their eyes to the things I've seen.
Mostly I'm thankful for photography providing me a living and excuse to
go poke my nose in places and have experiences.

Let me tell you about this Dominatrix I recently photographed.  On
second thought  . . . . . .

Donal Philby
San Diego